This guide will illustrate the steps required for configuring an application that uses the new Cloud Connection APIs to publish messages to the Kapua platform.
Cloud Connection Instantiation and Configuration
To create a new Cloud Connection, open the Cloud Connections section of the Web UI:
Create a new Cloud Connection by clicking on the New Connection button and entering a new unique identifier in the Cloud Connection Service PID field. The identifier must be a valid
kura.service.pid and, in case of a Kapua Cloud Connection, it must start with the
org.eclipse.kura.cloud.CloudService- prefix. A valid identifier can be
org.eclipse.kura.cloud.CloudService-KAPUA. As an alternative, it is possible to reconfigure the existing
org.eclipse.kura.cloud.CloudService Cloud Connection.
Click on the
MQTTDataTrasport-KAPUA tab and fill the parameters required for establishing the MQTT connection:
- Topic Context Account-Name
Finally, configure the
In order to enable automatic connection, set the
Connect Auto-on-startup parameter to
Publisher Instantiation and Configuration
- Select to the connection to be used from the list.
- Click on the New Pub/Sub button.
- Select the type of component to be created, from the Available Publisher/Subscriber factories drop down list, in order to create a Publisher
- Enter an unique kura.service.pid identifier in the New Publisher/Subscriber PID field.
- Click Apply, you should see the publisher configuration
- Select and configure the newly created publisher instance, and then click Apply
Binding an Application to the Publisher
- Select the application instance configuration
- Find the configuration entry that represents a Publisher reference.
- Click on the Select available targets link and select the desired Publisher instance to bind to.
- Click on Apply
Updated over 3 years ago