This guide will illustrate the steps required for configuring an application that uses the new Cloud Connection APIs to publish messages to the Kapua platform.
To create a new Cloud Connection, open the Cloud Connections section of the Web UI:
Create a new Cloud Connection by clicking on the New Connection button and entering a new unique identifier in the Cloud Connection Service PID field. The identifier must be a valid
kura.service.pid and, in case of a Kapua Cloud Connection, it must start with the
org.eclipse.kura.cloud.CloudService- prefix. A valid identifier can be
org.eclipse.kura.cloud.CloudService-KAPUA. As an alternative, it is possible to reconfigure the existing
org.eclipse.kura.cloud.CloudService Cloud Connection.
Click on the
MQTTDataTrasport-KAPUA tab and fill the parameters required for establishing the MQTT connection:
- Topic Context Account-Name
Finally, configure the
In order to enable automatic connection, set the
Connect Auto-on-startup parameter to
- Select to the connection to be used from the list.
- Click on the New Pub/Sub button.
- Select the type of component to be created, from the Available Publisher/Subscriber factories drop down list, in order to create a Publisher
- Enter an unique kura.service.pid identifier in the New Publisher/Subscriber PID field.
- Click Apply, you should see the publisher configuration
- Select and configure the newly created publisher instance, and then click Apply
- Select the application instance configuration
- Find the configuration entry that represents a Publisher reference.
- Click on the Select available targets link and select the desired Publisher instance to bind to.
- Click on Apply
Updated about a year ago