This section provides a guide on connecting an ESF device to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT platform. This guide covers the usage of the ESF Cloud Connector for AWS IoT Core and other integrations with AWS IoT services.
In order to connect a device to AWS IoT Core, the following prerequisites are needed:
- An AWS Account
- A device with ESF version 3.3 or greater installed
To get an AWS account, you can follow this AWS procedure.
AWS IoT Core supports several types of provisioning; between these ESF supports the following:
- Single Thing Provisioning
- Just In Time Provisioning (JITP)
- Bulk Provisioning
Two alternative ways can be used to connect to AWS IoT Core from ESF:
- Using the ESF Cloud Connector for AWS IoT Core - preferred (Requires ESF 6.1.0+)
- Configuring the Generic ESF MQTT Connector (Requires ESF 3.3.0+)
Both ESF Connectors support all three provisioning techniques.
Completing device provisioning is a prerequisite before an IoT device can successfully connect to AWS IoT Core.
Updated 3 months ago